IMAP Problems - Hangs after password reset

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rbarrick

IMAP Problems - Hangs after password reset

Post by rbarrick » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Hello,

My company is using mailenable v 10.30 on windows server 2012 r2.

I am running into an issue for end users. Anytime a password reset is done, regardless if done from webadmin, webmail, or the server itself on the console, the user's email client will no longer be allowed to connect to the imap mailbox.

The only way I am able to get users reconnected to mailenable is to restart the IMAP service on the server, and this can not be the method that has to be followed every single time a user resets their password. I have checked a few logs and have come up short so far. Please let me know if you have experienced this before. All help is welcome.

I have also noticed one of these users that I am using to test is showing up in the message center that her ip has been temporarily blocked for abuse of IMAP. What does this mean if anything?

Russell Barrick

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: IMAP Problems - Hangs after password reset

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:19 am

Hi,

The first option to check is if the mailbox has been locked. A mailbox can get locked if you have the option under the "localhost > Policies" tab for "Lock mailbox after total amount of invalid attempts" (https://www.mailenable.com/documentation/10.0/Enterprise/Localhost_-_Policies.html). You might also want to disable caching. Here is an article that explains this in more detail: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020623
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rbarrick

Post by rbarrick » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:42 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion and I apologize for the late reply.

I have tried those options and the issue still persists. It also occurs nearly every time someone sets up their email on a mobile device regardless if their password has been changed or not. This just happened yesterday and I have the following in our log for imap:

10/28/20 15:48:40 IMAP-IN 2716 (ip change for security) SELECT SELECT "" 38.69 NO SELECT failed; Empty folder path supplied. 53 17 (domain and username editted out)

It appears to me that the connection is made, but mailenable is having difficulty finding the proper mailbox folder even though it does exists and contains all of her email from years prior. Again, this occured after adding the email account to her iphone.

Please advise.

rbarrick

Post by rbarrick » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Bump. Please advise.

rbarrick

Post by rbarrick » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:06 pm

Bump again. Still having this issue

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi,

Best way forward is to lodge a support ticket and provide all the relevant information and IMAP activity and debug log files so that a technician can further troubleshoot.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support